Home and Garden,  new

Identifying and Remedying Dangerous Mold Exposure

Identifying and Remedying Dangerous Mold Exposure

Mold can be very dangerous, especially if a family is exposed to mold for a length of time. Symptoms of mold exposure might seem minor at first, but they begin to signal something far greater than a simple viral bug. Symptoms of illness will continue for weeks or months until the source of mold is eliminated. A never ending illnesses can signal families to have their homes inspected for mold growth.

Symptoms of Mold Exposure

After a brief period of living with a mold infestation, mild symptoms will appear. These might include watery eyes, sneezing, a runny nose, redness in the eyes, and even itchy eyes. Symptoms might seem like a simple cold or allergy, but they will complicate as the individual continues to suffer from mold spores in the air. As it continues, the individual might endure wheezing, rashes, and coughing. If these symptoms persist for weeks, it is likely that the family will need to find a mold removal service to finally be in good health again.

Common Areas for Mold to Grow in a Home

Mildew is a common type of mold, with a distinctive smell. If clothes are left in a dryer too long, they will smell mildewed. The same goes for crumpled wet dish rags, sponges, or a home that has had a plumbing leak. Mildew is also a common problem in showers. In addition to this, one of the most widely known and feared molds is black mold. This mold can be lethal and very hard to get rid of. It commonly occurs with water leaks, such as in ceilings or plumbing. It can also be found in cabinets under sinks as well. Basements are another breeding ground for mold, due to their warm, moist environment during hot summer months.

Getting Rid of Mold

Most mildew is generally eliminated with a touch of bleach, killing the existing mold and its spores. However, the best way to eliminate mold in the home is to get rid of moisture. Without a moist environment, mold will not thrive. All leaks should be repaired, and wet dry wall should be replaced. Professional removal services can greatly reduce the risk of another mold problem in the future, and can help to point out any necessary repairs.

The colonization of mold within a home is not only uncomfortable, it is dangerous. Children and the elderly tend to be much more sensitive, as are people with allergies. Removing the mold quickly will help a burdened family to be healthy once again.

I'm Jenn Alex, a single mom , part time Business and Personal Coach, website designer, and style writer. You'll usually find me writing about fashion, working from home, or special needs kids and the parents who care for them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.